We are vertically integrated and offer an exceptional range of in-house capabilities that ensure we control quality from end to end.
We lead with technology—harnessing the most accurate and versatile equipment available. We are early adopters of new, transformative technology and continuously invest in our company.
We serve our customers with comprehensive expertise and collaborative staffing, precise and automatized equipment, lean manufacturing, and validated quality programs. Our Wallingford facility was acquired in preparation for the future, built with an infrastructure and resources that allow us to scale quickly.
We have the resources and equipment to manufacture some pretty amazing things—but, so do a lot of companies.
Then, why choose Hobson & Motzer?
Your Best Choice
We are your best choice because we believe …
… Our thorough approach to projects brings a sense of comfort and trust to customers—knowing their project has been placed in good, capable hands
… In our process, which centers on quality, performance, and efficiency, as well as humility, respect for every individual, and constancy of purpose
… In continuous improvement
…In honoring our commitments and delivering on every promise we make
… Our greatest strength rests in our talented workforce—from assemblers to toolmakers and every role in between, our people are top performers with diverse skills, who deliver day in and day out
…In the culture that we instill and maintain at Hobson & Motzer, which yields exemplary performance results across all metrics
…In our purpose: to improve lives, advance technology, and transform metal
- Family owned—founded in 1912
- 2 facilities—125,000 square feet
- 370+ employees
- Quality and engineering driven
- Operational excellence team
- Authentic lean manufacturing, practicing Shingo Model™ for enterprise excellence
- Precision metal stamping & assembly
- 52+ power presses
- 72+ multi-axis precision CNC machines
- 18+ industrial laser workstations
- 40+ advanced robotic automation cell
- PECM advanced manufacturing
- Full tool design and engineering capabilities
- Exceptionally equipped, 50-person tool room
- 10 dedicated R&D technicians designing robotics for program-specific production tasks