Senior Automation Specialist
As a Senior Automation Specialist you will plan and perform engineering, design, and other technical/administrative tasks involved in the concept development, and industrialization of products and processes throughout the operation. In addition, provide direct leadership for projects and tasks while helping to mentor and develop team members. Specific job duties include:
- Handles varying degrees of complex mechanical, electrical & electronics assignments including solid state control systems, AC & DC drives, servo motors, device calibrations & voltages up to 480VAC.
- Monitors equipment performance & reacts to sub-standard performance & emergency repair needs. Install, debugs & makes modifications to new installations.
- Efficiently operates across diverse assignments including all types of PLANNED & UNPLANNED work.
- Proficient use of a PC, electrical & electronic test equipment, most hand tools & precision measuring instruments
- Able to understand & work from schematics, programming language, sketches, written & verbal instruction & complete assignments under minimal supervision, if required
- Proficient in writing & understanding software programs (PLCs, PACS, DSC, SCADA)
- Recommend, program and troubleshoot vision and precision inspection applications.
- Participate and implement Root Cause Analysis & continuous improvement initiatives supporting Quality, Reliability & Engineering initiatives.
- Documents new procedures, drawing sets and associated work instructions
- Communicates & interacts with vendors as necessary
- Interacts with other colleagues as necessary
- Operates equipment including startup & shut down as necessary.
- Consistently meets Safety, Quality & Operations standards including required documentation with all work assignments.
- Available to work overtime/alternate schedules as business needs dictate.
- Oversee and participate in the design, detail, program, install and debug sophisticated automation production cells, including but not limited to, 3-4-5 axis CNC machinery, articulated robots, vision inspection systems, PLC/ PAC controllers, and all associated components used in the design and control for the cell.
- Program and operate CNC machinery without assistance and all associated machine shop equipment.
- Design and Create 3-D solid models of automation equipment and associated fixtures and tooling used in the implementation of cells.
- Ability to lead projects associated with automated equipment, CNC machinery, metal forming systems and all other associated production cells.
- Plan, coordinate and lead the day-to-day activities associated with the automation cells completion.
- Monitor and effectively manage project requirements for labor hours, budgetary expenditures and on-time deliveries to meet project goals
- Communicate effectively on job status, project schedules and requirements to management and customers which includes creating project timelines, when needed, and reporting.
- Recognizing and implementing contingency plans for project milestones to include delivery and project effectiveness for scope of work.
- Understand design parameters and support in the initial design process for all cells mentioned.
- Provide cross training, mentoring and coaching of team members.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe work environment and follow 6S standards.
- Properly follow all H&M procedures and policies.
- Use correct P.P.E per JHAs. Inspect and maintain P.P.E. appropriately.
- Must wear protective footwear that complies with ASTM F2413 & F2412.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
In order to be considered, candidates will need to meet the following requirements:
High School or Technical School Diploma, or General Education Degree (GED). Associate of Science degree in related Engineering field or minimum 7 years equivalent Industrial and/or military electronics background or possess a valid State of CT. E-1 Electrical Unlimited Contractor License. Basic skills in engineering computer software and test equipment. Good communication, interpersonal skills and report writing ability.
Hobson & Motzer offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, AD&D, STD/LTD, retirement plan/401(k) and annual discretionary profit sharing bonus. If you are interested in joining a stable, growth-oriented and innovative organization where you can make a difference, please click the link below to apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.