As Automation Specialist you will plan and perform engineering, design, and other technical / administrative tasks involved in the concept, development, and industrialization of products and processes throughout operations. Specific job duties include:
- Handles varying degrees of complex mechanical, electrical & electronics assignments including solid state control systems, AC & DC drives, servo motors, device calibrations & voltages up to 480VAC.
- Monitors equipment performance & reacts to sub-standard performance & emergency repair needs. Install, debugs & makes modifications to new installations.
- Efficiently operates across diverse assignments including all types of PLANNED & UNPLANNED
- Proficient use of a PC, electrical & electronic test equipment, most hand tools & precision measuring instruments.
- Able to understand & work from schematics, programming language, sketches, written & verbal instruction & complete assignments under minimal supervision.
- Capable of writing & understanding software programs (PLCs, PACS, DSC, SCADA)
- Understand, program and troubleshoot vision and precision inspection applications.
- Participate and implement Root Cause Analysis & continuous improvement initiatives supporting Quality, Reliability & Engineering initiatives.
- Documents new procedures, drawing sets and associated work instructions
- Communicates & interacts with vendors as necessary
- Interacts with other colleagues as necessary
- Operates equipment including startup & shut down as necessary.
- Consistently meets Safety, Quality & Operations standards including required documentation with all work assignments.
- Available to work overtime/alternate schedules as business needs dictate.
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe work environment and follow 6S standards.
- Properly follow all H&M procedures and policies.
- Use correct P.P.E per JHAs. Inspect and maintain P.P.E. appropriately.
- Must wear protective footwear that complies with ASTM F2413 & F2412.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
In order to be considered, candidates will need to meet the following requirements:
High School or Technical School Diploma, or General Education Degree (GED). Possess a valid State of CT. E-2 Electrical Unlimited Journeyperson or minimum 3 years equivalent combination of education and experience preferably in a machine shop or industrial automation environment. Basic skills in engineering computer software and test equipment. Good communication, interpersonal skills and report writing ability.
Hobson & Motzer offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, AD&D, STD/LTD, retirement plan/401(k) and annual discretionary profit sharing bonus. If you are interested in joining a stable, growth-oriented and innovative organization where you can make a difference, please click the link below to apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.