Class-A Progressive Die Tooling
Most dies are built with:
- Insert construction with replaceable tooling components
- Guided punches and hardened punch holders
- Hardened back-up pads
- In-die sensors
- Quick interchangeable sub-die sets for minimum downtime
(depending on volume and application)
Hobson & Motzer designs and builds tooling of the highest quality for our precision metal stampings. Every die is built to your exact specifications, and can be produced as small as 3” x 3” to as large as 60” x 30”.
Dies are a valuable investment – one you can trust to Hobson & Motzer.
- Fully equipped tool room: Our full-service tool room is staffed with more than 50 toolmakers working two shifts, and equipped with the latest high-speed wire EDM and 5-axis machining centers.
- High-tech design process: We utilize cutting-edge 3-D modeling software and can import a wide variety of file formats (including IDES, .dwg and .dxf) to speed your die through design.
- Seamless transfer from design to production: Our design software is linked to production equipment in the tool room for seamless wire EDM and CNC machine programming – resulting in error-free manufacturing of your dies.
- Intricate shapes: With a magnification range from 20-to-1 to 100-to-1, our Optical Grinders can create intricate shapes for tools as well as for custom-designed rolls, utilized in shaping wire and rolled metal strip stock.
- Complex parts: Essential for fabricating the most complex parts, our Wire EDM machines are self-threading, use a wide range of wire diameters from .004” to .010”, and, when combined with our on-floor programming, can run 24/7.
During the design process, we work with you to determine the critical areas of the tool, and then set up a spares program for each die. Along with exhaustive records, the spares are kept on-hand either as finished components or in a blank form, which can be quickly turned into a finished component. With this inventory available, downtime and delays are virtually eliminated.